PEO offers a $3,000 scholarship to a woman whose educational journey has been interrupted. Any woman who is within 24 consecutive months of completing her degree in the United States or Canada may apply. Applicants must do an interview at the chapter level to qualify.
The award can be used for tuition, books, transportation, child care or course equipment. Contact your local chapter to apply.
A woman is eligible for recommendation by a local chapter if she:
- is a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States or Canada;
- is enrolled in a certification or degree program;
- is living and studying in the United States or Canada for the entire course of study;
- has had at least 24 consecutive months as a non-student sometime in her adult life;
- is within 24 consecutive months of completing her educational program which, at the conclusion of, will lead to employment or job advancement;
- will complete her program of education within 24 months after the beginning date of the term for which the grant is requested.
A woman is not eligible for grant consideration if she:
- is requesting the grant for use in prerequisite courses needed to secure admission into another program of study;
- is choosing immediate continuation of her education beyond the current program for which the grant is requested;
is enrolled in a doctoral degree program.